Wednesday 9 April 2014

THE WILSON ENVY BLX 100



Specifications
Technology:             BLX

Head Size:               645cm2/100in2

Weight(unstrung)  :  267g/9.4oz

Length      :               685mm/27in

String Pattern        :  16/20

Swing Style Rating : L2

Grip           :              4.25

Year of Purchase :   March 2014         

 

I was looking for a lighter racket with other specs quite similar to my current Head Liquid metal Heat and chose the Wilson Envy BLX 100. The Envy BLX 100 is recommended for beginners and intermediate players by its manufacturer.

After using it for approximately 2 weeks, the BLX 100 seems to give me more control over my shots but lacks the power in comparison to the Head. Ground strokes, volleys and serves were more consistent. My annoying ‘golf elbow’ pain has been on the wane.

The BLX 100 is lighter by 13g. Other specs such as head size, length, swing style and string pattern are quite dismal in variance if not identical.
Overall, it was quite a good choice as I have achieved the desired results.

No comments:

Post a Comment